My 'Try it here' blog with one or two posts. You might want to go the real blog..its better!




This was my practice blog where I made all my mistakes first.

There might be one or two interesting things here but I think you meant to look at my real blog so click here to get you there.

Now I am using this space to help me remember Willow.

Sunday 5 July 2009

Decision

Well, Hazel visited us this afternoon.
I must say she is a lovely dog but my response to her was not what I expected.
I was prepared to love her but it just didn't happen when I saw her.
We have decided not to have her, for many reasons, but I feel bad about it.
Her owner is a very capable and lovely young woman who has done a brilliant job with her, showing her the world outside her kennel.
I just didn't feel that Hazel was the dog for me.
I can only put this down to not being ready.
I thought I desperately needed a dog but I think I need longer to get over Willow and had my heart set on a puppy eventually.
I am so sorry Hazel.

To see more of Hazel and her two companions see Their Beautiful Blog. I especially like the most recent post which shows Hazel, happy in the buttercups.


One uncanny fact: The fight between Hazel and her daughter happened on the day Willow died.

7 comments:

Cat said...

I think your heart knows when you are ready and it sounds like it just wasn't meant to be. It will happen all in good time.

Kim said...

You will be ready when you are ready, and you will find the right dog too. My bordercollie Liemi died more than 2 years ago, and I just can't get another yet, for a number of reasons. I have not been dogless ever in my life, and this is so different. I look forward to moving and not working fulltime, and to finding the right funnyface at the right time. It will happen for me, it will happen for you. In the meantime, my (channeling bordercollie) cat and his bro keep me from fuzz deprivation...

Jude said...

I believe you'll feel much better with a puppy later.
I can't compare Dewi to Jose and I think that's what helps.
That's not to say I don't miss him, my heart aches every Sunday as my mind rushes through every minute of the afternoon. What could we have done differently?? It's like a knife goes through me.

Victoria said...

Feel no guilt and keep following your heart. Eventually the right one will come along, and you will know in your being that you have found "the one".

I have already warned my family to watch me carefully after Mo goes... I feel that I will quickly start looking for another dog, but I know in truth that I will really be looking for Mo's soul in another dogs body... and that just isn't going to happen.

Chris Daly said...

Hi Jackie, We got our Jack 2 months after we lost our Kodiak, my husbands best friend (He loved that dog more than me, but that was okay with me). My son did not like Jack because he wasn't Kodiak and my husband wasn't much better. It took 6 months for everyone to truly love Jack for the dog he was and leave the grief of losing Kodiak behind. Jack? Jack is awesome and he is everyone's favorite pal.

LPFish said...

OOooohhh i feel for you x x x i am just off out to walk my love now. She is so old and i want a puppy prior to losing my baby but no-0ne else in the fishpond supports this xxxxx

Katie said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I'm glad you enjoyed my little piece on the Festival of Quilts.

I've just been browsing your blog...I was so sorry to read about Willow. Losing a pet is just awful. The right time will no doubt come to let a new four-legged friend into your home (and heart).

Katie x